Thursday, August 23, 2007

conversing with Sr Melrose

This morning when I woke up my eyes were sealed close. I couldn't get them open! I don't know if you read my blog yesterday but, I have pink eye. Well, because of all the yuck in my eyes as I slept it built it up and sealed it closed. With as much force as my eyebrows had, I lifted up my eyelids just enough to peak through a small opening in my right eye to see and to stumble towards the bathroom to see how by my eyes actually were. I ended up prying them open with my fingers and it wasn't as painful as I thought it'd be.... I thought my eyes were sealed along with my eyelids, haha. Anyways, my eyes didn't get any clearer... actually it got more red. After calling home and to sara this morning I went straight to the doctors. They prescribed me some antibiotics, eye drops, ontiment, and some other pills. And that's what I was looking for because I knew I could of just asked for them over the counter at the pharmacy here, but I didn't know what I was asking for. I picked up my meds and some lunch, and headed back to the hotel. Today was Sr. Melrose's Feast day. When you become consecrated into the religious life, your birthday becomes the feast day of the patron saint you choose and today was Sr. Melrose's feast day. Sr Melrose was a sister I met earlier when I was by myself here in India and we met at Mother's tomb. We ended up talking about vocation and my relationship... she's been keeping Sara and I in her prayers and I've been keeping hers in mine. She's become a pretty good friend and so I made here a card today for her feast day, I spent some time to make it look a little nice but more importantly thanking her for choosing her vocation and for being such a blessing to the world.
I walked over to Mother house with Corina around 2:40 or so and went into Mother's Tomb... and once again, there she was. I gave her the card and I knelt down at Mother's tomb to pray, for a while. I got up to leave and she called me over. She thanked me for the card and didn't believe how the true or applicable the words of kindness was to her but I assured her it was her humility that was playing a part because she truly is an example of God's love to the world. She gave me a rosary that her superior gave her and told me she was planning on giving it to the first person that approaches her, and I was the first. She sat me down and asked me... How's Sara?!? hahaha! We haven't talked about my relationship since the first time we talked and I was suprised she remembered, but it was very comforting to know how much she cared. Than we talked about vocations; marriage, religious, and holy order. She told me all about how she felt in her vocation, the graces she receives and the blessing she can give and have. Than she told me how many are called towards marriage and need to live out the vocation... how much harder it may be, especially in this world now and days. She advised me on how to maintain a healthy marriage and it was the same way to to keep a healthy relationship in holy order, relgious life, and a dating relationship. It's total selflessness. She said the only way she can keep a healthy relationship with her married spouse, Christ. Is to be all for Christ and selflessly and not argue with him when he asks. She told me if I'm called to be married I must be selfless in my relationship with my significant other otherwise once a relationship turns into a self-seeking one, it begins to crumble. It takes two selfless givers to create an enduring love. All who are called towards Religious life and Holy order must die to themselves to live for Christ. But for those called towards Marriage life or simply in a dating relationship right now, it must take more than two to love, but rather three. The two + God, only through the union of all three will we be fully one. Sr. Melrose told me God's already answered one call for me from the day I was created, he's given me the path to my vocation and that path is to faithfulness. We're called to be faithful! In whatever vocation we're called to be... he doesn't want to make me Pope or bishop but rather to be Tuan but faithful and that will lead me to where I need to be and that will lead me to my vocation. Holiness and faithfulness is what we all must life and that is our vocation. Once we figure that out, we must strive to find out in which way did God best create us to be faithful and holy to all those he bless us with.
I absolutely love talking to Sr. Melrose and was sad that i had to leave because I could of sat all day and hung out with her but I needed to get to Daya Dan although it was a thursday. I needed to paint!

At Daya Dan painting went extremely well! We're finished completely with the ship scene and today I finished painting the tiger which I was extremely happy with the result. I think we'll be finished by Saturday. Anyways I forgot to mention yesterday night I went to the Forum Mall and bought some DVDs for the children (for a party for the kids on my last day here in India), I also caught a Bollywood film called Marigold. But today Mongol asked about me bringing a movie and I told him I bought one yesterday, than I asked sister Johana Fa if we can get a DVD player on Sunday my last day here in India and she told me... can I bring the movie tomorrow because they'll be able to get a DVD player tomorrow, when I told her yes and the movies I got her face brighten up and so did Mongol. He started smacking Sr. Johana Fa's leg out of excitment and laughing and smiling. I bought from Music world The Emperors New Groove and Mulan... IN HINDI! So all the children, MC sisters and Masis can watch and understand! They're all pretty excited and so am I! So tomorrow it's a movie day! We have the DVD player till11am or so... and so that means it'll be during class time but I made Mongol promise me that we can still do class time afterwards and that I'll work him harder than before. We already missed class on Wednesday because of society feast day and if we miss another day... that would of been only 2 hours of classroom this week! Things are getting pretty crazy here but I'm loving every moment of it! I'll be headed home in 3-4 days, AHHHHH!! I'm not sure if I'm sad or happy. Well keep us in your prayers still! Thank you, thank you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tuan,

I am staying at my aunt's house for a little while and was reading your blog to my cousin Lili. She wanted to leave you a comment, so I typed what she said...

"Is watching movies with the kids so fun?? We had new twins and their names are Julia and Mia. And we have a wonderful family. Are you having a good time there? We have beautiful things here and we do lots of things and you should come here some times."

I hope that you're feeling better and that your last few days are amazing!!

Love, Sara and Lili

Anonymous said...

lkjuujkoooioiippppoiuytrf6oolkiiipiopp[oiuyytrytryiiuuuudfff8il
dsrdttdazxbm,llllllllastll/8pityu6eijjjkkkjkyuyyu
juuuuuuuthirpuyhbiir94jjfppoffdzxcbbby hhjjuuuuuuuuuuftfdsfyntgyukyyyyipuuuuiiiiuyhhjkhfuitrrf4kkkooopooooooooioesddhhy
iijrexuok/hvftyurbbhuhhjhgtfdedhyrrhgyxbhgtjhgfdyjkkljhgwqhhhuuiiiooyyuuuuiyyyyytrtyyuyuyuytthioll
hghjjkkuiii59rtu/
bnjhyuuuujuuuyy

lilie

Anonymous said...

Hey Tuan,
I've got my sister and cousin here and they'd like to say a few (more) words.

Sophia says...
"I love you Tuanie. Tuanie, you're a funny boy. You're cute. Have a great time in India. Are you having fun in India?

You look like a lion, just kidding!"

Lili says..
"I hope that you are feeling better."

I hope you're feeling better and the medicine was able to clear everything up in your eye. I miss you! See you in a couple days!

Love, Sara, Sophia and Lili

Tuan Nguyen said...

thankyou so much for your comments! I'll come visit you Sophie as sĘ”on as I get the chance!Miss you all terriblį»µ

jacobdevernon said...

Tuan,
This blog has been a great testament and witness. Thanks so much for keeping it up so regularly and for passing on Sr. Melrose's words of wisdom regarding vocation!
Take care, and it's good to have you back. Hope to see you soon!
Jacob

vishnuprasath said...

Dear job seekers, most of the companies are hiring talented candidates in Kolkata and also there are lots of Jobs in kolkata, So apply for those jobs immediately.

Unknown said...

Hi, I came across your blog on facebook. I was at Daya dan this year, what an amazing place! Thought you'd like to know Bashkar, the boy you're holding in your photo is now downstairs and walking!
All the best,
Hannah (UK)